DAQ1500_0 loosing zero?

Comments & issues
GlennPa
Phidgetsian

DAQ1500_0 loosing zero?

Post by GlennPa »

Hi,

I have a Phidget DAQ1500_0 it appears to loose calibration when used with a load cell. If I run the example code in C# and run through the calibration process of the example program, the cell appears to calibrate correctly but drifts very quickly. If the cell is loaded to 800g's it will start reading low 799.84 dropping to 791.92 and lower. If the 800g's is removed and not used as a preload the reading is negative while being, this could be due to the reading of 800gs slipping, but it still does not return a constant value.

GlennP,

Could noise be entering the system?,
jdecoux
Labview Developer

Re: DAQ1500_0 loosing zero?

Post by jdecoux »

How good are your load cells? All load cells drift (change offset) over time, and cheaper ones can drift relatively quickly. The expectation on these load cells is that you are able to re-zero the system between readings.

If this is not possible in your system, we recommend investing in better load cells, as this is the most effective solution we have found to combat drift.
GlennPa
Phidgetsian

Post by GlennPa »

Hi,
Thanks for that.

Glenn
GlennPa
Phidgetsian

Post by GlennPa »

Hi,
In trying to find a better load cell I have come across FRC4114_0, would this be suitable for the task we are attempting?

Glenn