Optimizing Phidgets Data Transmission for Web Performance

Comments & issues
smithloo
Fresh meat

Optimizing Phidgets Data Transmission for Web Performance

Post by smithloo »

Hello everyone,

I'm currently working on a project that involves collecting data from various Phidgets devices and transmitting it to a web server. While I've managed to get the basic data transmission working, I'm looking to optimize this process to ensure efficient and reliable performance.

Has anyone here explored techniques for efficiently transmitting data from Phidgets devices to a web server? Specifically, I'm interested in:
-Best practices for minimizing latency and ensuring data integrity during transmission.
-Techniques for reducing the amount of data sent without losing important information.
-Recommendations for data formats (e.g., JSON, XML) that balance performance and ease of use.
-Tips for handling real-time data streams from multiple Phidgets devices.
-Any tools or libraries that you have found particularly helpful in optimizing data transmission.

I'd love to hear your experiences and any advice you might have on this topic. Thanks in advance for your help!
Patrick
Lead Developer

Re: Optimizing Phidgets Data Transmission for Web Performance

Post by Patrick »

Are you trying to optimize transmitting data from the backend web server to the frontend web page?

If you want to use Phidgets in the browser, you can use our JavaScript library directly, but this won's scale well if you want to host Phidget data on a public website.

-Patrick