PoE Splitter no VINT Connection

Comments & issues
speed
Phidgetly

PoE Splitter no VINT Connection

Post by speed »

Hi, I have some VINTs that I want to power with a TP-Link TL-POE10R PoE splitter. They power up fine and get a network connection that allows them to be detected with the Phidgets Control Panel, and I can connect to the webpage, but python code from your webpage code sample will not detect the device. When I remove the PoE splitter and power the VINT with a standard power adapter, they are detected using the python code. It seems for some reason the PoE splitter is limiting something with the network. Does anyone have any ideas about this? Maybe I should try different brand of splitter. I would ask TP-Link support, but they will not be familiar with what the VINT might be looking for on the network. I have tried this with two different VINTs and splitters and get the same result.
jdecoux
Labview Developer

Re: PoE Splitter no VINT Connection

Post by jdecoux »

You are going to have to be more specific when you say you are powering a "VINT". I assume from context you are using a HUB5000 VINT Hub?

If the device shows up and works from the Control Panel, you should be able to use it in your code.

It sounds like you have already discovered the "Remote (Network)" checkbox, you can try specifying an IP address in the "Hostname (IP Addr)" box. If you'd prefer using network server discovery, it might also be that the timeout on Open is too short for your application. Sometimes network discovery of Phidgets can take some time.