For anyone else with the same apt-get problem. It was simple cockpit error. The issue was the Include full Debian Package Repository
option on the Packages
web management page. I had forgotten about that and had unchecked it.
However, the phidgetswebservice21 problem is ongoing, on just one SBC3. From what I can discern:
- The computer does not reboot during these outages.
- Nothing is looked in any of the /var/log logs
- No processes consume unusual cpu during the outage (I captured the top ten processes every 4 seconds into a file)
- Pinging the machine shows an odd, but consistent pattern:
- ping times for from >1ms to 100 to 800ms
- then, a period of 10 20 15 seconds of no response
- followed by more slow responses
- follwed by 30 seconds of no response
- and, finally back to < 1ms - and the machine is again accessible and the webservice reconnects
At this point I strongly suspect a network hardware problem. But, ethanol doesn't show anything.