Phidgets and Labview 2024

Comments & issues
PhuyalY
Fresh meat

Phidgets and Labview 2024

Post by PhuyalY »

Hello,

I just brought these 20-bit (±40V) Voltage Input Phidget and there are no documentation and guide for using it with LabView. I tried the basic Voltage Input Start method and it shows a different voltage compared to the Phidgets app. I also tried changing the "connected as hub" to false, this just shows no connection. Is there something I'm missing or is there just no support for LabView anymore?
mparadis
Site Admin

Re: Phidgets and Labview 2024

Post by mparadis »

There is still support for LabVIEW, it's just that all the examples are inside the VI tree. I was able to get my VCP1000 working with the "VoltageInput" example with no modifications. Make sure "isHubPort" is set to "No", because we want to be opening the VoltageInput channel of the VCP1000, not of the hub port itself.

If it's not attaching, then you should make sure that channel isn't currently open in another process (e.g. the Phidget Control Panel). Labview will also hold onto the channel if your VI does not close cleanly- you either need to restart LabVIEW entirely, or use the "PhidgetResetLibrary.vi" block from the Phidget Common folder at the beginning of your flow.