M2 with MacOS 13.5 don't recognized phidget without physically dettach usb out and in

Supporting 10.7 and up
aartcore
Phidgetsian

M2 with MacOS 13.5 don't recognized phidget without physically dettach usb out and in

Post by aartcore »

On my Mac Mini M2 with MacOS Ventura 13.5 the PhidgetInterfaceKit is not recognized automatically after a restart. Only if i pull out the usb cable out and in again it works.

I need it for a standalone installation so i'm not able to pull out the usb out and in everyday..

In the Phidget Control Panel Standalone i get the message.
Local device: <1010/1018/1019 (PhidgetInterfaceKit 8/8/8) v904 S/N:567228> open failed because device is in use.

Eventually i want to use it in Max 8, it won't attach automatically here also only with dettach the usb out /in physically.

I have the Phidget22_1.17.20231004 installed. Are there any solutions to fix this? Thanks a lot in advance!
Patrick
Lead Developer

Re: M2 with MacOS 13.5 don't recognized phidget without physically dettach usb out and in

Post by Patrick »

Hi,

Can you try installing the standalone control panel, and see if that helps? It uses a different type of kernel driver than the regular installer.

Alternatively, the latest version of the 1018 (1018_3B) doesn't require a kernel driver at all, but this would require you to upgrade your hardware.

This is an issue that Apple seems to re-introduces every couple of years, though I haven't had any reports recently. I'll try to reproduce and may have to get in touch with Apple again.

-Patrick
aartcore
Phidgetsian

Re: M2 with MacOS 13.5 don't recognized phidget without physically dettach usb out and in

Post by aartcore »

I tried already the standalone control panel (Phidget22ControlPanel_1.17.20231004.dmg)

I have also installed the Phidget22_1.17.20231004.dmg.
In both apps the phidget don't automatically appear without dettach the usb.

Should I uninstall the Phidget22_1.17.20231004.dmg version? And if so what's the best way to do this?

Where can i download to try the 1018 (1018_3B) version?

Thanks in advance!
Patrick
Lead Developer

Post by Patrick »

1018_3B is the newest revision on the 1018, with different hardware, you can't upgrade to it.

Do you see the same issues on macOS 14?

I will try to reproduce your issue here.

-Patrick
aartcore
Phidgetsian

Post by aartcore »

I don’t know about MacOS 14, i'd rather not upgrade yet. I’m afraid it won’t work, and may be i get other problems with for instance Max objects or so.

And are there already Max objects/externals which work also without using rosetta? If so where can i download them?

Thanks in advance for trying to reproduce the problem!
aartcore
Phidgetsian

Post by aartcore »

I just found another PhidgetInterfaceKit 8/8/8 which is the 1018_3 version, this one works like it should be!

It would be nice though if i can use the 1018_2 version also, because i mainly work on Apple silicons now.

And i'm still interested if there are already Max objects/externals which work also without using rosetta? If so where can i download them?

Thanks.
Patrick
Lead Developer

Post by Patrick »

The latest max externals are compiled for Apple Silicon - are you using the latest libraries?

-Patrick
aartcore
Phidgetsian

Post by aartcore »

Thanks, it's working without Rosetta now.
I thought I had downloaded the last one, but apparently not.