NEW 4X Thermocouple TMP1101_1

What do you need Phidgets to do for you?
AndreG
Fresh meat

NEW 4X Thermocouple TMP1101_1

Post by AndreG »

Hi,
My question is: an upgrade to newer 4x thermocouple that can send the results at 20 times faster will give a better graph without 20 times more noise?

My setup for roasting coffee is: 4x Thermocouple TMP1101_1 without the Shield Icon on the case that is directed to a VINT HUB HUB000_1 the end results can be viewed on ARTISAN SCOPE.

My understanding is that my 4X thermocouple unit may not have the new high-speed option because the Icon on the Phidget Control Panel does not show in red but in black.

Thank you for your time.
Andre
Patrick
Lead Developer

Re: NEW 4X Thermocouple TMP1101_1

Post by Patrick »

Hi,

TMP1101_1 has not been upgraded for faster data rates. The shield icon on the latest rev means that it supports longer cables and improved immunity. Some new VINT devices also support higher speeds, but this kind of spec change would also result in a new rev of the product - ie TMP1101_2.

-Patrick
AndreG
Fresh meat

Re: NEW 4X Thermocouple TMP1101_1

Post by AndreG »

Hi Patrick! Thank you for your response.

My 4x is a second generation with mention that it can work but the shield does not show on the case. Also, the Icon in the Phidget Control Panel does not show in red with the mention High Speed but in black color. Witch make me think that the output of the 4x is not high speed.

On the other hand, make me deduct that maybe all is well and it should work with high speed units like a Voltage/Current unit not thermocouples.