Phidget Interface issue

Comments & issues
c_h_r_i_s
Fresh meat

Phidget Interface issue

Post by c_h_r_i_s »

Hi all,

I have a Phidget Interface Kit 0/16/16 which has 2 photo-electric sensors connected to it. Everything was working fine for a while but suddenly there seems to be an issue with both sensors communicating with the board. When I open the Phidget Control Panel I see the board and the list of digital inputs. When I click on a digital input I see the following message:
Phidget Info

Attached: Nothing
The LEDs on the board still light up when the sensors are triggered so it's obviously getting a signal in but the digital input port does not seem to recognise that the sensor is connected.

Does anyone have any idea what the issue could be?

The PC/Phidget/USB cable/sensors have not been altered since it was running so it seems odd that it would just stop working.
mparadis
Site Admin

Re: Phidget Interface issue

Post by mparadis »

When a Phidget is visible in the control panel but cannot be attached, the most common reasons are:

- The Phidget it still open in another program or process. Unless it's being opened remotely, a Phidget can only be open in one program at a time. Try closing any programs and processes that might have been using the Phidget. You can also try plugging the Phidget into a different computer, since it shouldn't be running any programs that are using the Phidget.

- There is insufficient power on the USB hub. This is usually only a problem for single board computers such as the Raspberry Pi. This can be fixed by using a powered external USB hub.

- If the board has been damaged electrically, it is possible for it to show up but be unable to attach.