Read a spatial trough the network

Supporting Labview 2012 and up
chedas
Phidgetsian

Read a spatial trough the network

Post by chedas »

Hello
I have two laptops in the same network. One of them has a spatial 1042 connected. In the client laptop I can read the spatial (accelerations, rotations and magnetic field) using the Phidget Control Pannel. So far so good.

Then, still in my client laptop, I use a labview VI to read data from that spatial. I use the same VI that works fine when the same spatial is connected directly. Unfortunately I can't get anything but the error "timed out".

I tried to read after changing the properties of the SpatialStart.vi "connection=remote", "Timeout=30000" and "Serial number=the sn of that spatial" but I got the same error.

Any help will be appreciated.
fraser
Engineering

Re: Read a spatial trough the network

Post by fraser »

You'll need to enable a network server on the computer with the spatial, and open a connection to that computer on the other one. You can open the connection using either NetworkServerDiscovery or connecting to that server directly. You can see examples of this under Phidget Common directory in the Labview examples folder.
chedas
Phidgetsian

Post by chedas »

I don't know if you understood me.
In my client computer, using Phidget Control Pannel,I see the remote server and I read the accelerations of the spatial attached to the server.

The problem is that when I try to do that using Labview I can't. I got the same error "Timed out".

I send you my vi.

Thank you for your help
Attachments
example.jpg
chedas
Phidgetsian

Post by chedas »

Hi Fraser
Thank you. Now I understand. It was missing the PhidgetsEnableDiscovery function in my vi.
Problem solved.
Thanks