Open two 1067 stepper controller but one won't works

Supporting Labview 2012 and up
sinestic
Fresh meat

Open two 1067 stepper controller but one won't works

Post by sinestic »

Hi everyone! I have a problem with my two steppers. I need to control the position of two steppers at same time and for this reason I use two 1067 stepper controller.
I'm using the phidgets22 libraries.
In the labview block diagram I use two open blocks with the serial number of the controllers, but only one is really opened (the attached boolean is true only in one). Why i can't use these two cards together?
I attached the part of diagram that i mention here.
Attachments
Snippet.PNG
Snippet.PNG (37.92 KiB) Viewed 11371 times
jdecoux
Labview Developer

Re: Open two 1067 stepper controller but one won't works

Post by jdecoux »

You're on the right track, and it looks like your code should attach the steppers, but only once.

The main problem I can see is that you need to be sure to close the Phidget object when you are done with it to ensure it can be used the next time you run your program.

I have attached a picture of my VI that works every time.

You can use the PhidgetResetLibrary.vi in the Phidget Common palette to try to resolve the problem if you stop any Phidgets-based program before the Phidgets are properly closed.

But you say one of your Phidgets is attaching, which is uncharacteristic of this particular problem. At which point all I can say is to double check your serial numbers and that both Phidgets are plugged in to the local computer. Do they both work when used one at a time?

What error code are you getting from the device that remains detached?
Attachments
LabVIEW Dual Stepper.PNG
sinestic
Fresh meat

Re: Open two 1067 stepper controller but one won't works

Post by sinestic »

I'm not getting errors from the second stepper. So, if is this way how i do inizialize the steppers I will investigate better and update the post here. thank you