Is 1048 supported with latest Phidget Network Server?

Comments & issues
brianz
Fresh meat

Is 1048 supported with latest Phidget Network Server?

Post by brianz »

I support my customers who are running a variety of Phidget thermocouple devices, included legacy 4-input 1048 TC Phidgets. My web application connects to their devices using the Phidgets network server which generally works well. I'm using the web version of the JavaScript library from my web app.

I've been receiving a number of requests from my customers who are unable to connect to 1048 devices using the latest (as of mid-March, 2022) version of the Phidgets software. I have updated the Phidgets JS library in my web app. The 1048 shows that it's not supported with this combination. The web version of the Phidgets Control Panel also does not work with the 1048.

Is this a known issue? I'm looking for confirmation and ideally a way around this so that my customers using 1048's can continue using them.
Patrick
Lead Developer

Re: Is 1048 supported with latest Phidget Network Server?

Post by Patrick »

Hi,

I'm able to open the 1048 (all three revisions) using the latest libraries - the JavaScript control panel seems to be working fine.

What revision of 1048 are you having issues with? Are you able to open it with the Windows control panel? Does it show up in the JavaScript control panel? Are there any errors when you try to open it? Are there any web console errors, or errors in the network server log?

-Patrick
brianz
Fresh meat

Post by brianz »

I'm working with my business parter on this one and I discovered that the 1048 doesn't show up in the list of Phidgets devices *or* in the list of USB devices. He is running MacOS 12.2.1. We even went so far as installing old versions of the Phidgets software.

On a terminal I had him look through the list of USB devices with:

Code: Select all

ioreg -p IOUSB -w0 | sed ‘s/[^o]*o //; s/@.*$//’ | grep -v ‘^Root.*’
With the VINT Hub plugged in, we see that in the list as

Code: Select all

6-Port USB VINT Hub Phidget

However, the 1048 never shows up. This device used to work so I'm curious whether it's a hardware issue. Additionally, we have other customers who are reporting that their 1048s are not working. I'm actively trying to get more details on those.

Is there a way to test whether the 1048 is bricked?
Patrick
Lead Developer

Post by Patrick »

If it's not showing up on USB at all, it's likely a hardware issue - best to contact support@phidgets.com about that.

-Patrick