How to install driver of Phidget22 on Windows XP?

Comments & issues
mod
Fresh meat

How to install driver of Phidget22 on Windows XP?

Post by mod »

Hi Phidget,

We use Phidget21 for our machines in our factory. The machines sill use Windows XP because of some hardware support only Windows XP. We are working for legacy hardware replacement, but we cannot finish by now.

Right now we cannot order Phidget21 for stock our spare part because of Phidget21 already EOL. We can order only Phidget22 but we cannot install the Driver for Windows XP. I saw Phidget22 driver still support Windows XP but need to install by manually. I try to download full source code (phidget22-fullsource). I guess the file postbuild.bat should compile the source code for driver but I don't know how to use it.

Would you guide me how to manual install the driver, please? It very urgent for our factory for now.

PS, You load cell looks cool. We are ordering to test and apply it to our machines also. This machine is a new machine design and come with Windows 10.

Thank you in advance for you best support.
Patrick
Lead Developer

Re: How to install driver of Phidget22 on Windows XP?

Post by Patrick »

Download the windows libraries here: https://www.phidgets.com/downloads/phid ... ndevel.zip

What language are you using? The C library is still compiled for Windows XP Support but this isn't actively tested. .NET should work, and we include .NET libraries going back to .NET 2.0

What Phidgets are you using? Some newer Phidgets will not be plug-and-play compatible on Windows XP, you would need to manually install the WinUSB driver for them.

-Patrick
mod
Fresh meat

Post by mod »

Thank you for your reply.

I already download the windows libraries but I think I still cannot use it until Windows XP install driver completely.

I use C# with Framework 4.0 to develop on the machine code.

My problem right now is, I cannot install Phidget22's driver on Windows XP.

Would you mind to explain more "manually install the WinUSB Driver"? I totally need to know this.

Thank you for your best support.
Patrick
Lead Developer

Post by Patrick »

Hi,

The download I linked is a .zip not an installer. There is no need to install any libraries on Windows XP - you need to includes our C and .NET libraries with your own application. Our MSI installer which installs the libraries, control panel, etc. will NOT work on Windows XP.

What Phidgets are you using? I can't advise whether you need to worry about WinUSB without that information.

-Patrick
mod
Fresh meat

Post by mod »

We use this encoder

https://www.phidgets.com/?tier=3&catid= ... rodid=1199

Previously we use part number 1047_1B, right now it is already EOL. We order the new one part number 1047_2B but cannot install driver on WindowsXP.
Patrick
Lead Developer

Post by Patrick »

The product requires WinUSB. You may be able to use this to install WinUSB for the Phidget: https://zadig.akeo.ie/#

I don't have access to a Windows XP machine for testing, and we don't officially support Windows older than Windows 8.

-Patrick
mod
Fresh meat

Post by mod »

I can install driver now.

Start change the machine code but got popup error

"The procedure entry inet_ntop could not be located in the dynamic link library WS2_32.dll"

Do not know yet what wrong.