Timeout on openWaitForAttachment

C, C++, and Visual C++
rabarar
Phidgetsian

Timeout on openWaitForAttachment

Post by rabarar »

I’ve run some example code that works successfully. And after some time when I rerun it, I get a timeout waiting to attach. Subsequent running of the program doesn’t resolve and allow for attachment.

I can see in the log that I can successfully reach the hub5000.local device. But not sure why the timeout
mparadis
Site Admin

Re: Timeout on openWaitForAttachment

Post by mparadis »

The two most common reasons for a channel attach to timeout are:
- Another program or process already has that channel (or another channel on the same device) open. For example, you can't have a channel open in the Phidget Control Panel and a C++ code sample at the same time.
- You've specified addressing properties (e.g. deviceSerialNumber, channel, hubPort) such that there is no matching channel available

Seeing as it worked the first time, and then stopped working, I would expect that there's another program or process still using that channel.
rabarar
Phidgetsian

Re: Timeout on openWaitForAttachment

Post by rabarar »

So I was doing this remotely via ssh and didn't see that the security software was blocking the connection (LuLu) - that was the issue. I was glad to see that it wasn't an intermittent issue, rather a security snafu!

Thanks for the reply!