Is it possible to use this DAC to generate a 1kHz signal?

Supporting Labview 2012 and up
Greendam
Fresh meat

Is it possible to use this DAC to generate a 1kHz signal?

Post by Greendam »

I’ve got a 1002_0B Analog 4-Output board. It's a good product and is very easy to get started.

We’re currently establishing a system with LabView, and we need to generate a customized signal (around 1kHz). We use the code in example “voltage output” and let PC give a voltage per while loop. Problem is, this module seems only input/output one voltage level at a time, one while loop (with voltage output module) in LabView will cost about 0.3 sec to proceed. According to the sampling theorem, this method may only generate signals of < 1.5 Hz.
VideoCapture_20200827-184730.jpg

I start to realize that this method is clumsy. But I didn’t find ways to let the DAC outputs an array data instead of output voltage one by one. Any suggestions on that? If this device can't handle, is there another recommended device?

Thank you!
jdecoux
Labview Developer

Re: Is it possible to use this DAC to generate a 1kHz signal?

Post by jdecoux »

None of our devices currently support generating a custom high-frequency analog signal.

Some of our digital output devices have settable frequencies, such as the OUT1100, but I'm betting that's not likely what you are looking for.