InterfaceKit example VI's

Supporting Labview 2012 and up
Fresh meat

InterfaceKit example VI's

Post by 147533 »

Hello,

are there any example VI's for the PhidgetInterfaceKit 0/0/4? I can't find any in the usual Phidget LabVIEW library (includes examples).

Best
jdecoux
Labview Developer

Re: InterfaceKit example VI's

Post by jdecoux »

If you are using the Phidget22 LabVIEW library, the closest examples you will have for a 0/0/4 example are the DigitalOutput examples.

To access all four relays on the board, you will need four DigitalOutput channels, each set to access a different relay on the board. Each will need a StartPhidget VI, and a corresponding ClosePhidget VI. You can specify which is which using the channel specifier in the Device Info cluster.
Fresh meat

Post by 147533 »

Thank you for your reply but I afraid I am not getting the similarity to the 0/0/4.
Do I also need the DigitalOutputSart and Close VI’s or should I replace them with the Start & ClosePhidget VI?
What about all the other parameter like LEDForwardvoltage, Dutycycle or Hub Port?
jdecoux
Labview Developer

Post by jdecoux »

The DigitalOutputStart VI is selectable in the StartPhidget.vi, which is the same for the Close VIs.

As you probably expect, the LEDForwardVoltage, DutyCycle, and Hub Port parameters don't really make sense for your specific application, and are included since they are used by other Phidgets in the DigitalOuput class. These can be safely ignored until you have a Phidget that uses them.

Here is a diagram of how to access the relays on your device:
4 output.PNG
jdecoux
Labview Developer

Post by jdecoux »

And the corresponding control panel:
4 output control panel.PNG
Fresh meat

Post by 147533 »

Now it works :D , Thank you very much.