Disconnecting and reconnecting

Comments & issues
gazzla
Phidgetsian

Disconnecting and reconnecting

Post by gazzla »

Hi again folks,

Solved the fatal exception error (post below) with a clean reinstall of Windows but now the my REL1000_0 is constantly showing as disconnecting and reconnecting.

I've tried three different USB cables and a couple of 12V 2A power adaptors but without luck.

The maddening thing is, very early on it did work - but now it's the same problem over and over.

Log attached. Any help greatly appreciated!
Phidget22Manager1.log
(351.41 KiB) Downloaded 470 times
Patrick
Lead Developer

Re: Disconnecting and reconnecting

Post by Patrick »

There is definitely something fishy going on here, as the latest version of REL1000 is v110 not v174. I'm going to have to try and reproduce.

Is there any chance that this stopped working after you upgraded either the REL1000 or HUB0000 firmware?

-Patrick
gazzla
Phidgetsian

Post by gazzla »

Hi Patrick. Thanks for both replies, and yes - both pieces of kit were showing as red in their titles. I only had the REL1000_0 working/responsive without anything connected for a couple of minutes.

Then, if I recall, I opted to upgrade the firmware. After that, it’s been unresponsive other than appearing in the panel and flashing on and off, with no further clickable options. I’ve now tried it with three laptops and three different 12v 2A power supplies.

Many thanks,

Gary
gazzla
Phidgetsian

Post by gazzla »

Is there any way to return the REL1000_0 to factory settings?
Patrick
Lead Developer

Post by Patrick »

You would have to send it back for us to reset it.

I'm been trying to reproduce your issue - but I can't. I really am not sure how you ended up with a v174 REL1000.

What OS are you on? Windows? Are you using the 64-bit or 32-bit library?

-Patrick
gazzla
Phidgetsian

Post by gazzla »

system.jpg
Hello again.

It's a Windows 10 laptop and 64-bit. I've attached a system screen grab if it helps with the bug-hunting.

I bought the unit through active-robots.co.uk, so will need to return it via them. Thanks again for the replies, though, and fingers crossed for better luck next time.

Gary
system.jpg