Program/Example with count funcationality and logging

Comments & issues
plathelo
Fresh meat

Program/Example with count funcationality and logging

Post by plathelo »

Hello,
I'm new to phidget-programming. I got a kit of 1019_1 with some sensors. This kit was once used to measure time by a colleague, but he has left. So i'm now searching for the software he used. i have the following description from another colleague:
- Software with GUI
- possibility to define counters related to sensors
- support of trigger level for start and stop
- logs/results written to (.dat) file

As i think, reasoned from the project documentation, the output in the files is in columns (like a csv file).

Does anybody know a software with those features? I think it was running under windows.
The documentation mentions the InterfaceKit-simple-86.exe applikation. I found it in the example of the 21_files, but i think there is no fileoutput and no gui.

Would be very pleased for any ideas.

Greetings, Stefan
mparadis
Site Admin

Re: Program/Example with count funcationality and logging

Post by mparadis »

It's likely that your previous colleague wrote his own program to do these things. The only pre-packaged software we offer is the Phidget Control Panel, which comes with our drivers and is intended to be a diagnostic tool to make sure your Phidgets are connected and working properly. It has a GUI, but does not support the other features you mentioned.

If you have experience programming in one of our supported languages, it shouldn't take too long to write your own program that does everything you listed. If you need a starting place, I would recommend downloading the VoltageRatioInput or VoltageInput example (depending on if your sensors are ratiometric or not) and get that working to gain familiarity with our API. If having a GUI is important, I would recommend using C# in Visual Studio.
plathelo
Fresh meat

Post by plathelo »

Thank you very much for your response. Meanwhile i found out the program which my previous colleague use. It's called InterfaceKit-simple-x86.exe and has no GUI. That was a wrong information. But another colleague is sure, that this program is from phidgets. I could only find a program with nearly the same name in the examples of version 21 files. But this program has no outputfile as i said. So is there another phidget tool (console) that records values into a .dat file when trigger level is reached or did maybe a colleague extend the example program and nobody can remember?
I'm asking because it would be nice to have the sources of this program to extend it with a gui.

thanks a lot
mparadis
Site Admin

Post by mparadis »

We don't have any code samples that come with data logging, but it should be pretty straightforward to add. Just do a google search for "log to csv" for the language you're using and replace the parts of the code that print out to the console with code that prints to the output file.
plathelo
Fresh meat

Post by plathelo »

Hi, I talked to different other person and found out that the data logging was done as a extension to your example InterfaceKit-simple. I think i will create a gui based on this. thank you for your hints!
Stefan