Vint Hub Digital Output

Comments & issues
MeijinGandalf
Phidgetsian

Vint Hub Digital Output

Post by MeijinGandalf »

I am having and issue with the Digital Output on my Vint Hub. When I call do.setState(True) it is telling me that the device is not attached. I even check that it is attached right before I call it. I have a few other things connected to the Vint Hub as well as an RFID Reader. I found that if i do not attach the RFID Reader or the RFID_LED that the call to do.setState(True) works normally. Does anyone have any idea why this would happen?
mparadis
Site Admin

Re: Vint Hub Digital Output

Post by mparadis »

If a channel isn't attaching, it's either because the right properties aren't being set (e.g. isHubPortDevice = true when using a VINT Hub output), or because that channel is already open in another program, such as the Phidget control panel. I'm not sure why connecting or disconnecting another Phidget would affect this, so try to ensure that it's neither of the above things.
MeijinGandalf
Phidgetsian

Post by MeijinGandalf »

It is attaching. I also tried it with a different VINT hub and got the same behavior. With more testing I also found that this is only happening when trying to use port 0 as a Digital Output while also using an RFID reader.
mparadis
Site Admin

Post by mparadis »

If you're not specifying the device serial number, it's possible that your program is trying to open the digital output on the RFID reader instead of the VINT Hub.
Patrick
Lead Developer

Post by Patrick »

This issue has been identified as a bug, and a fix is forthcoming.

-Patrick
MeijinGandalf
Phidgetsian

Post by MeijinGandalf »

Awesome thanks guys!