Bug in Phidget22 lib?

Comments & issues
berkinet
Phidget Mastermind

Bug in Phidget22 lib?

Post by berkinet »

The 1124 Precision Temperature Sensor board states a range of "-50 To + 150 C" though, the product description specifications state -30 to +80. However, the product description does say In a fast prototyping environment the temperature sensor board can be pushed to the ratings of the sensor component.... However, the Phidget22 libs define a range of: sensorValue < 80.0; // Degrees Celcius. and throws Sensor value is ouside the valid range for this sensor errors when the sensor value exceeds +80C.

So, either the documentation should be changed to not suggest the board can be used over 80C, or the range limit in the Phidget22 libs should be changed to support the ability to prototype.

Note I have used an 1124 for several years to measure a hot water tank that gets as hot as +110. And, until now, I have had no issues and am happy with the board for my application.

Also, while debugging this issue I noticed that plugging a second 1124 into the same, or another, hub or ifKit also resulted in sensor value errors (as seen in the Phidget Control Panel), even if that device was in an environment well under 80C. Once the 1124 on the boiler cooled below 80, the second 1124 started working as well. I suspect this may be an issue with the Phidget Control Panel. But, I have not looked further into it.
mparadis
Site Admin

Re: Bug in Phidget22 lib?

Post by mparadis »

Duly noted- I've updated the 1124 page so that it doesn't mention the higher range. It's still possible to use it that way if the user doesn't set sensor type, so I've made a note of it in the technical section of the User Guide.
berkinet
Phidget Mastermind

Re: Bug in Phidget22 lib?

Post by berkinet »

Thanks for your attention to this issue.