Controll Phidgets motor without laptop

Comments & issues
cyberprodigy
Fresh meat

Controll Phidgets motor without laptop

Post by cyberprodigy »

I have got the motor working by connecting it to my laptop. There is a lot of options for it. This is good for prototyping, but if I want to have a permanent solution where the motor is not attached to my laptop but instead receives commands from... i don't know, somewhere else so I can use my laptop for other things, what are my options?

Is there a
- Programmable phidgets controller?
- Arduino compatibility?
- Some network shield?
- ?
fraser
Engineering

Re: Controll Phidgets motor without laptop

Post by fraser »

It will need to be controlled from some form of computer. Typical options would be a PC/MAC (laptop/desktop) like you've been using. Depending on what motor controller you're using, if it is a VINT motor controller, then you can use the Wireless VINT Hub to control it wirelessly from the laptop or another computer. If it is a USB controller, then your main option is using an SBC (single board computer). We have one (PN:SBC3003). There are others as well such as the Raspberry Pi.
cyberprodigy
Fresh meat

Re: Controll Phidgets motor without laptop

Post by cyberprodigy »

fraser wrote:It will need to be controlled from some form of computer. Typical options would be a PC/MAC (laptop/desktop) like you've been using. Depending on what motor controller you're using, if it is a VINT motor controller, then you can use the Wireless VINT Hub to control it wirelessly from the laptop or another computer. If it is a USB controller, then your main option is using an SBC (single board computer). We have one (PN:SBC3003). There are others as well such as the Raspberry Pi.
Thank you Fraser. Raspberry Pi it is :)