Adv Servo 8-Motor to servos for flight simulator

Comments & issues
nicher
Fresh meat

Adv Servo 8-Motor to servos for flight simulator

Post by nicher »

Hello
My name is Nick. I have a flight simulator that i did not make.

Inside the thottle there is a phidgets 8 motor board. It is connected to 2 servos they move fine.
When i turn on the computer, the phidgets library shows, and a thottle software displays as well.
My question:
What is controlling these servos? The thottle software, is there a phidgets file or hidden document in it? or the phidgets software?
Second Question:
I want to add two further servos that will show the trim position of the elevators. For this i will use (i presume) an FSUIPC offset.
So i will connect two servos to the servo board. From that point, i have no idea what to do, to get them to talk to FSUIPC or flight simulator.
Thanks for your guidance
Nick
mparadis
Site Admin

Re: Adv Servo 8-Motor to servos for flight simulator

Post by mparadis »

Hi Nick,

1. There is no "Phidgets Software", except for the Phidgets control panel which is just used as a diagnostic tool to test out your Phidgets. The PhidgetServo 8-Motor is likely being controlled within the throttle software or some other program running as part of the simulator.

2. I think you're going to have to find the manual for your flight simulator software or talk to the person who originally built it. Once you figure out how the existing servos are being controlled, you should be able to add more.