Phidget21.dll Can't find dependent libraries

Comments & issues
deltamike
Fresh meat

Phidget21.dll Can't find dependent libraries

Post by deltamike »

I have two machines using older RFID scanners and a java applet implemented with Phidget21. One of them works perfectly, but the other throws a Java error "C:\Windows\System32\phidget21.dll: Can't find dependent libraries"

I've verified all Phidget files and folders are where they are supposed to be and even cross-referenced both PCs. I thought it might be .Net related but they are both running the same version. If anyone has any guesses as to what is going on, I would be most appreciative of input.
mparadis
Site Admin

Re: Phidget21.dll Can't find dependent libraries

Post by mparadis »

Are they both using the same version of the Phidget21 libraries?

Maybe it could be a permission issue (i.e. Java doesn't have read permission on the location of the dlls?)

You can try reinstalling the Phidget libraries just in case something didn't install properly or was moved to a different location.
deltamike
Fresh meat

Post by deltamike »

At first the machine that isn't working was using Phidget 22 rather than Phidget 21. We then installed Phidget 21 using the same version that was on the machine that is working. When that didn't work, we reinstalled Windows from scratch and started off with just Phidget 21. Java was another thing I suspected, but as far as I'm able to tell it is permissioned to access the DLLs so I'm really scratching my head.
GregS1000RR
Fresh meat

Post by GregS1000RR »

Any updates or workaround with this topic ?

I'm facing similar behavior on Delphi app using the activeX version of Phidget21 (Phidget-x64_2.1.9.20191106).

Exception OLESysError, Specified module can't be found.

It worked fine on several Win10 machine with different version (Home and Pro, 32 and 64bit) until this latest and newly installed machine which runs on Win10 LTSC 64bit

Re-installed ALL fresh (Win10-LTSC; Phidgets21 Lib); tried to manually register thenActiveX DLL, (even tried the dependency check, but returned to many false unresolved links)

Could it be that Win10-LTSC requires a different kind of signature and for whatever security reason, old ActiveX won't work ?

Any Help and suggestions would is highly appreciated, as we are blocked

Thank you