DAQ 1301 disconnecting issue

Comments & issues
danthoskin
Phidgetly

DAQ 1301 disconnecting issue

Post by danthoskin »

I am noticing that one of my DAQ 1301’s is detaching occasionally. Any ideas on what could be causing that? It is showing up in the latest version of my logfile and I have checked everything I can think of for a cause. The wiring seems good, all connections are solid and I have pulled the VINT cable out of the conduit where it is running to reduce any possible interference there. The + and - terminals on the unit are all connected to a clean 24vdc source with various simple switches etc in between, so pretty straight forward. The VINT hub is the USB version with other devices connected to it that never disconnect, so I doubt that end of it is the problem. There is another DAQ 1301 right beside it wired exactly the same way and connected to the same hub that never disconnects.
I will try to connect the unit to another port on that hub, then another hub altogether, then I will try swapping that unit out with another one.
Any thoughts on what else I can check to eliminate this would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks,
Dan H
danthoskin
Phidgetly

Re: DAQ 1301 disconnecting issue

Post by danthoskin »

Removing the VINT cable from the duct and letting it run in the open panel seems to have solved the issue. I am going to make up a few shielded VINT cables so I can hopefully put them back in the duct to clean the panel up.
I was surprised because the only other wires in there were 24vdc signal wires, no big power or motor cables etc.
Dan
nm17
Phidgeteer!

Re: DAQ 1301 disconnecting issue

Post by nm17 »

Hi Dan

I have the same issue on DAQ1301 - it intermittently disconnects itself... The Phidgets log doesn't show the "close" of DAQ or any other faults (and I keep the Phidgets log at "verbose" level). My (.net) code gets the "attempting to connect to detached device" (or similar) error from Phidgets22 api. I also don't think I have any significant EMI that would warrant DAQ disconnecting.

Did you end up shielding any VINT cables or have you just moved them away from the possible EMI source?