Load cell - weight display

Comments & issues
qru
Fresh meat

Load cell - weight display

Post by qru »

Hello everyone,

I'm a layman when it comes to programming, and need your advice on how to make a weight display as it is shown in the video:

https://www.phidgets.com/?tier=3&catid= ... prodid=957

Is there any program I need to download, can you provide me with a code, etc.?

I have the load cell, the bridge phidgets, VINT all the connectors and my PC sees it through the phidgets control panel. When I apply the stress to the load cell I can see the voltage changes but how to change this into the [kg] unit?

Thank you in advance for your reply.

Regards,
mparadis
Site Admin

Re: Load cell - weight display

Post by mparadis »

The examples in those videos are programmed in C# using visual studio.

Visual studio lets you make graphical interfaces (called "forms") where you can have buttons, text, sliders, and other controls. This is also how our Phidget Control Panel is made.

In order to have it look like the ones in the videos, you'll have to go through the form's configuration options and change the background to black and disable the options bar that normally exists at the top of the form window. Then, make a label and change the text color to white and increase the size.

In the event handler for your Phidget, you can now update the text of that label to the newest value coming in from the event.

If you're not a C# programmer, most other languages have ways of creating graphical interfaces. Search online for GUI tutorials for your language of choice.
jdecoux
Labview Developer

Post by jdecoux »

An example of how to convert the voltage reading form the load cell to a weight measurement can be found at:

https://www.phidgets.com/docs/Calibrati ... og_Sensors
qru
Fresh meat

Post by qru »

Hello guys, thanks for the replies.
I have installed visual studio and uploaded the code VoltageRatio-LoadCellCalibrator for C# as indicated. I must admit I have no idea what to do next despite reading hours and hours and browsing the internet. Would you be that kind and take me through it I'm a total beginner!