connect 2 3105_0 sensor to the same Voltage Divider

Technical Discussions on any InterfaceKits
stefanovinci
Fresh meat

connect 2 3105_0 sensor to the same Voltage Divider

Post by stefanovinci »

Hi,
I'm looking for a solution to create a board that has 4(or 8 ) big areas sensitive to pressure (like https://www.google.it/url?sa=i&rct=j&q= ... 1689916706)

My solution is to connect 2 or more 3105_0 sensor to the same Voltage Divider (that's connected to an Interfacekit) so i need to know if it is possible.
Anyone can help me?
Thanks in advice and sorry for my bad english.
Stefano
mparadis
Site Admin

Re: connect 2 3105_0 sensor to the same Voltage Divider

Post by mparadis »

The 3105 is kind of small to use with a DDR pad, since it's only 1.5x1.5 inches. If you stepped on the edge or corner of the arrow it might not trigger, unless you built the pad in such a way that the entire arrow is resting on the 1.5x1.5" area. I would look into using load cells instead, and building them into the structure of the pad itself.

If you're still set on using 3105s, you cannot hook up multiple of them to a single voltage divider. However, if you want to cut costs, you can avoid using any voltage divider boards just by using a 1k-20k resistor on each 3105 to make a voltage divider depending on what output voltage you want (see the 3105 user guide for details). The voltage divider is only necessary if you want to be able to constantly adjust the output voltage of the 3105.