iPhone 5

Supporting iOS 8 and up
RainfrogDan
Phidgetsian

iPhone 5

Postby RainfrogDan » Fri Sep 28, 2012 12:35 pm

Hi

I'm getting ARMv7s linking errors when compiling for an iPhone 5.

"ld: file is universal (2 slices) but does not contain a(n) armv7s slice: /Xcode Projects/Roastmaster 2.0/iphoneos/libPhidget21.a for architecture armv7s"

Is there a safe way around this (I've read some posts about editing the Architectures setting), or do I have to wait for a new iOS Phidgets SDK to be released?

Thanks in advance,
Danny

Patrick
Lead Developer

Re: iPhone 5

Postby Patrick » Mon Oct 01, 2012 9:09 am

For now, you'll have to just set your architecture to armv7, or armv6, or both. This *should* work fine on the iPhone 5. I will look into adding armv7s to the library build. We do not have an iPhone 5 here for testing, but arm architectures are all supersets, so the iphone 5 will be able to run armv6, armv7 binaries without a recompile.

See: http://wanderingcoder.net/2012/09/16/no ... il-tested/

-Patrick

RainfrogDan
Phidgetsian

Re: iPhone 5

Postby RainfrogDan » Fri Oct 05, 2012 2:35 pm

Thanks Patrick

I found the same link right after I posted, which was a little more explanatory than Xcode - had it up and running on iPhone 5 that night. Seems to work fine with initial testing. I'll let you know if I run into any problems.

I doubt app review is going to be overly concerned with arm7s optimization just yet, seeing as how iPhone 5 is the only one at the moment.

Thanks for the pointer!
Danny

Return to “iOS”