Ethernet!!! Please!!!

What do you need Phidgets to do for you?
spider
Phidgeteer!
Posts: 87
Joined: Sun Feb 03, 2008 2:23 pm

Re: Ethernet!!! Please!!!

Postby spider » Wed Oct 17, 2012 2:57 pm

It is a Hunter Mini Clik Rain Sensor and Davis RG100 rain gauge.

black_unicorn
Phidget Mastermind
Posts: 127
Joined: Fri Mar 05, 2010 7:42 pm
Contact:

Re: Ethernet!!! Please!!!

Postby black_unicorn » Thu Oct 18, 2012 9:35 am

Could you share as you connected the RG100 Davis rain gauge to Phidgets?

Thanks!

spider wrote:It is a Hunter Mini Clik Rain Sensor and Davis RG100 rain gauge.

spider
Phidgeteer!
Posts: 87
Joined: Sun Feb 03, 2008 2:23 pm

Re: Ethernet!!! Please!!!

Postby spider » Thu Oct 18, 2012 4:10 pm

Connect the rain gauge to a digital input port. In the interrupt service routine, each interrupt for the port is 0.25 mm of rain.

black_unicorn
Phidget Mastermind
Posts: 127
Joined: Fri Mar 05, 2010 7:42 pm
Contact:

Re: Ethernet!!! Please!!!

Postby black_unicorn » Thu Oct 18, 2012 7:21 pm

Thanks for your answer.
Sorry for the ignorance.
What is the interrupt service routine? You can give me a diagram or picture?

Another question.
Do you know any anemometer that can be connected to a digital input port or an analog port?

Thank you!

spider wrote:Connect the rain gauge to a digital input port. In the interrupt service routine, each interrupt for the port is 0.25 mm of rain.

black_unicorn
Phidget Mastermind
Posts: 127
Joined: Fri Mar 05, 2010 7:42 pm
Contact:

Re: Ethernet!!! Please!!!

Postby black_unicorn » Thu Oct 18, 2012 8:03 pm

I would ask the question from another perspective too.
If I want to connect to a digital input port a rain gauge and an anemometer manufactured by a company, which features should I look for?

For example, for the rain gauge tells me consider the interrupt service routine.All gauges have? Have relationship with gauges that return readings in pulses?

Thanks very much for your help.

PD: I can't find in the Internet the Davis RG100 rain gauge

spider wrote:Connect the rain gauge to a digital input port. In the interrupt service routine, each interrupt for the port is 0.25 mm of rain.

spider
Phidgeteer!
Posts: 87
Joined: Sun Feb 03, 2008 2:23 pm

Re: Ethernet!!! Please!!!

Postby spider » Fri Oct 19, 2012 4:16 am

The rain gauge is by Davis Instruments.
http://www.davisnet.com/weather/product ... pnum=07852

I have not used an anemometer so I cannot help there.

spider
Phidgeteer!
Posts: 87
Joined: Sun Feb 03, 2008 2:23 pm

Re: Ethernet!!! Please!!!

Postby spider » Fri Oct 19, 2012 4:19 am

I see there may be some confusion about the wind speed. For this and for weather forecasts, RuralHomeSoft uses a service called Weather Watcher Live. It downloads the forecast on an houlry basis and gets the wind speed from there.

black_unicorn
Phidget Mastermind
Posts: 127
Joined: Fri Mar 05, 2010 7:42 pm
Contact:

Re: Ethernet!!! Please!!!

Postby black_unicorn » Fri Oct 19, 2012 4:29 am

Thanks!
One more... I can see that de 0785 uses
Black & Red. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . Switch terminal
Green & Yellow . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . Switch terminal

What about the ground?

spider wrote:The rain gauge is by Davis Instruments.
http://www.davisnet.com/weather/product ... pnum=07852

I have not used an anemometer so I cannot help there.

spider
Phidgeteer!
Posts: 87
Joined: Sun Feb 03, 2008 2:23 pm

Re: Ethernet!!! Please!!!

Postby spider » Fri Oct 19, 2012 6:32 am

Red to signal in. Green to ground

black_unicorn
Phidget Mastermind
Posts: 127
Joined: Fri Mar 05, 2010 7:42 pm
Contact:

Re: Ethernet!!! Please!!!

Postby black_unicorn » Fri Oct 19, 2012 6:39 am

Thanks very much for all your help!
spider wrote:Red to signal in. Green to ground


Return to “Phidgets”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests