Phidget SBC4 VINT Por Issue

General PhidgetSBC Discussion.
AngelBorjas
Fresh meat

Phidget SBC4 VINT Por Issue

Post by AngelBorjas »

Hello,
I have an issue with the Phidget SBC4 SBC3003_0

Today I receive a firmware update request. Before update, the versions are: Firmware 2.0.0 - Version 400 and now the Phidget software don't show any VINT ports on the control panel. I installed the latest version of Phidget control panel software and the issue persists.

Any suggestions?
Patrick
Lead Developer

Re: Phidget SBC4 VINT Por Issue

Post by Patrick »

Hi,

Refresh and upgrade packages in the SBC web interface to ensure you are running the latest libraries on the SBC, then do a reboot of the SBC.

Where did you perform the firmware upgrade? In the SBC web interface, or in a Control panel on Windows/macOS?

-Patrick
AngelBorjas
Fresh meat

Post by AngelBorjas »

Patrick wrote:Hi,

Refresh and upgrade packages in the SBC web interface to ensure you are running the latest libraries on the SBC, then do a reboot of the SBC.

Where did you perform the firmware upgrade? In the SBC web interface, or in a Control panel on Windows/macOS?

-Patrick
Hi Patrick.
I perform the firmware upgrade from the Control Panel, version 1.8.20211202.

The Phidget worked perfectly after performing the steps you mention. And now recognizes the VINT ports. Thank you.

I have a question, every time the SD is flashed with the Debian OS, will it be necessary to do these steps?
Patrick
Lead Developer

Post by Patrick »

Hi,

Yes, if you re-flash the SD card, you would need to upgrade the packages again.

If this is an issue, you could create your own SD image for flashing from your SD card after upgrading packages.

Also, Phidgets does update the image from time to time.

-Patrick