PhidgetsSpatial 3/3/3: data?

Need a new type of sensor? Interfaced a sensor that you want to tell everyone about?
moisdc
Phidgetsian

Re: PhidgetsSpatial 3/3/3: data?

Postby moisdc » Fri Nov 04, 2011 11:09 am

Hello colleagues,

@fraser: When car is stopped, the magnitude of the offset is so small, about mG's

@Patrick: I agree about studying X, Y, Z acceleration together. I believe that Z component influence may be significant.

I don't know how to correct different offset errors, I think that there are problems with orientation device due to wheels's flexibility or chasis's deformations. (the car's scale is 1:9).

I want to calculate velocity and position from my car by integration of the acceleration vector.

Thanks

Patrick
Lead Developer

Postby Patrick » Fri Nov 04, 2011 4:53 pm

You will only be able to calculate velocity/position accurately over a very short period of time (seconds) because or error accumulation. You should consider adding a GPS for any sort of long term accuracy.

-Patrick

moisdc
Phidgetsian

Postby moisdc » Fri Nov 04, 2011 7:25 pm

Thanks Patrick! You're right. But I want to calculate position and velocity from acceleration to test that acceleration vector is right. To be honest, I'm keen on getting a reliable acceleration vector (which could be filter in a second step) Or do you have another method to know a reliable acceleration vector? Are there other possibility to test it?
Thanks

Zaren
Fresh meat

Postby Zaren » Tue Oct 08, 2013 7:03 am

Hi guys.
Mind i borrow this?

I am new to Java. I know a bit C and C++ so bare with me.
I know all the math needed.

What i want is simple. I want the values of the vectors on the SpatialPhidget acceleration.

this is the general code from your example:

out = out+"\n Acceleration: ";
for(i=0;i<sde.getData()[j].getAcceleration().length;i++)
out = out + sde.getData()[j].getAcceleration()[i]*9.82 + ((i==sde.getData()[j].getAcceleration().length-1)?"":",");

How do i get the value of acceleration in X? Y and Z?
I tried to put in getAcceleration(1) but i only get errors.

How is this done?

Sincerely, Emil.

Return to “Sensors”