Digital Outout OUT1100_0 ERROR 0x14

Supporting 2.7 and 3.2+
user123
Phidgetsian

Digital Outout OUT1100_0 ERROR 0x14

Post by user123 »

Hi,
I am using a NanoPi Neo4 with a Linux distribution. The Program is written in Python 3.6. i have installed the libphidget22-1.6.20200417 package from the website. Other Phidgets in the program are running well. I want to set the Frequency or get the Frequency of the PWM from the OUT1100_0 Phidget. Setting Duty Cycle works without a problem.
The Problem i have is:
Everytime i want to set the Frequency(ch.setFrequency) or get it (ch.getFrequency) i get some Errorcode:
"Exiting with error(s)...Desc: This API call is not supported. For Class APIs this means that this API is not supported by this device. This can also mean the API is not supported on this OS, or OS configuration.
in setFrequency
raise PhidgetException(result)
Phidget22.PhidgetException.PhidgetException: PhidgetException 0x14 (Operation Not Supported)
This API call is not supported. For Class APIs this means that this API is not supported by this device. This can also mean the API is not supported on this OS, or OS configuration. "

How do i solve this Problem? Thanks in advance
user123
Phidgetsian

Re: Digital Outout OUT1100_0 ERROR 0x14

Post by user123 »

i enabled the log to have a closer look. there is written:
"OUT1100 (4x Digital Output Phidget) v100 " is it possible thats the reason why it cant set the frequency? because if i have a closer look at the API there the frequency setting is possible at v120 not at v100. how do i change this? or is this a hardware problem?
Attachments
phidgetlog.log
(4.61 KiB) Downloaded 694 times
mparadis
Site Admin

Re: Digital Outout OUT1100_0 ERROR 0x14

Post by mparadis »

You are correct that the ability to set PWM frequency was added in firmware version 120. If you connect the Phidget a Windows or Mac desktop computer, you can upgrade the firmware easily by opening it in the Phidget Control Panel.

If you have the newest version of the Phidget Control Panel, the OUT1100 should show up in red on the list of devices. If you try to open it, it will prompt you to upgrade the firmware.