Documentation for Python?

Supporting 2.7 and 3.2+
Dreded
Fresh meat

Documentation for Python?

Post by Dreded »

Where can I find the python module documentation.. I just brought a 4 port usb bridge and 2 load cells would like to be able to read them using python

but I cant even find any sort of coumentation of where to even begin... I can see there is a BridgeGain module... is this what I need?

How do I talk to the USB device is there some sort of intermediary step? I see there are many examples but none seem to pertain directly to my situation... So while I can definately work backwards from one of these other examples I would need to know what my bridge specifically needs for imports.
mparadis
Site Admin

Re: Documentation for Python?

Post by mparadis »

You can find API documentation here:
Phidget22 API
(select python from the first drop-down, and VoltageRatioInput API from the second drop-down, since that's the type of channel used on the 1046)

If you need help getting Phidgets set up in python, have a look at the Python language page.

You can find python sample code here (be sure to read the comments inside the code- they explain a lot). Again you'll want the VoltageRatioInput example when using a Phidget Bridge.

If you want to learn more about how Phidget objects are structured, visit the General Phidget Programming page.