Phidget Control Panel

Supporting Visual Studio on Windows
HuntJason
Phidgetsian

Phidget Control Panel

Post by HuntJason »

Hello,
Just wondering if the code for Phidget Control Panel is open? It would sure help with getting a better understanding of the intended use of the API.

TIA,
Jason
Patrick
Lead Developer

Re: Phidget Control Panel

Post by Patrick »

It's not open. What API are you having trouble with? We have examples for all the APIs.

-Patrick
HuntJason
Phidgetsian

Post by HuntJason »

Would you be open to permitting me to publish an open-source C# WPF sample that replicates much of the functionality of the Phidget Control Panel? I could send it to you for your approval in advance if you wish. I think some of the community would find it valuable in helping them get started with the API.
Patrick
Lead Developer

Post by Patrick »

Of course, you are welcome to publish anything you like.

I can send you the control panel source if you want to look at it, but there is a lot going on in there, and the code is pretty messy. It would not be a good place to look for new users.

The one thing the control panel does that we don't really document well anywhere, is build a tree of connected channels using PhidgetManager.

-Patrick
HuntJason
Phidgetsian

Post by HuntJason »

Patrick,
I should have something for you to take a look at this week. I didn't use the PhidgetManager. I used a chain of responsibility pattern and addressing to have the phidgets sort of assemble themselves. I do notice, using this technique, though, that there are occasions when the phidgets don't trigger their visibility in the same order. A simple restart of my application has always resolved the problem.
HuntJason
Phidgetsian

Post by HuntJason »

It took longer than expected to get this up to github (holidays, office changes, etc.) but I have posted the open source code for the Control Panel here

https://github.com/pd-management-services/PD.Phidget

All contributions welcomed.