Any planned support for VS2012?

Supporting Visual Studio on Windows
ChicagoWay
Phidgetsian

Any planned support for VS2012?

Postby ChicagoWay » Wed Oct 17, 2012 10:43 am

I was hoping to hear if there was any planned support for VS2012? I am running Windows 8 RTM and VS2012 and every time I try to add a reference to phidget21.dll I get the following error:

A reference to 'C:\Program Files\Phidgets\phidget21.dll' could not be added. Please make sure that the file is accessible, and that it is a valid assembly or COM component.

I have tried adding the dll to the following C# project types:
- Windows Form Project
- WPF Project
- Windows Store Project ("Metro Style")

It is really the "Metro Style" project that I most want to use dll in. Anyway, regardless of the project type I get the same error message when attempting to add the reference.

If anyone knows of a workaround to past this I would be interested in that as well.

Cheers!!!

erik
King of the Lab

Re: Any planned support for VS2012?

Postby erik » Wed Oct 17, 2012 12:12 pm

Try adding the Phidget21.NET.dll as a reference instead. The .NET.dll is set up to import the C/C++ functions from the phidget21.dll to make them useable in C#.

ChicagoWay
Phidgetsian

Postby ChicagoWay » Wed Oct 17, 2012 12:55 pm

Hi Erik,

Thank you for the follow up post. Using the Phidget21.Net.dll definitely helped in getting the dll added to my Metro project. However I have come to find out that Metro does not use the full .Net framework so when I tried building the project I ended up with the error:

Cannot find type System.Collections.CollectionBase in module mscorlib.dll

Not sure if there is a way to work around this at all. Microsoft forums basically said to contact the vendors to see if they are coming out with Metro-style application libraries.

To Whom It May Concern at Phidgets: Please consider a Metro-style application library for the great line of hardware that you provide.

Cheers!

imasonaz
Phidgetsian

Postby imasonaz » Thu Oct 18, 2012 1:12 am

I have not had any troubles with importing old programs into VS2012, they all complie and run properly. I had a couple problems where it said it couldn't find the .dll, but that was unrelated.

Return to “C#.NET”