Interfacing multiple phidgets

Supporting Visual Studio on Windows
viccos
Phidgetsian

Interfacing multiple phidgets

Postby viccos » Thu Sep 06, 2012 7:35 pm

Hello...

Well, I am building a mobile robot, and I am integrating multiple sensors, some of them are Phidgets, some are not. For instance, I am usind the 1061 - PhidgetAdvancedServo 8-Motor, which works verfy well with a Parallax HB-25 to control the four DC motors I have. I also have the 1056 - PhidgetSpatial 3/3/3, and the 1047 - PhidgetEncoder HighSpeed 4-Input. I need to read PhidgetSpatial and the PhidgetEncoder HighSpeed basically at the same time, or, to be more specific, at least I need to know the delay between the two readings (probably it is negligible for what I am doing).
Later on, I need to integrate some other sensors, but, if I get to solve the first part, I am pretty suce the rest will be similar.

Any suggestions? Is there a sample? I consulted the C# getting started manual, but it seems thet the information I am looking for is not there.

Best Regards and Thanks in advance...I like phidgets so much...

Patrick
Lead Developer

Re: Interfacing multiple phidgets

Postby Patrick » Fri Sep 07, 2012 9:26 am

It's hard to guarantee any timing between two different Phidgets. Latency from the sensor measurement to the event should be on the order of 10-20 ms, so as long as you use events, you should be able to get close-together data.

-Patrick

Return to “C#.NET”