trouble in comiling phidget-ros-pkg

Supporting 2.6 and up
vishu
Fresh meat

trouble in comiling phidget-ros-pkg

Post by vishu »

Hi. i wanna make a robot using phidgets controller which has to work based on ros. I am trying to compile phidgets-ros-pkg by following instructions in this page
http://wiki.ros.org/phidgets and my system specifications are ubuntu 14.04 , ros indigo,

I am able to compile drivers well but having problem while compiling ros-pkg. This is the error

Failed to invoke /home/vishu/ros_catkin_ws/install_isolated/bin/rospack deps-manifests phidgets
[rospack] Error: package 'phidgets' depends on non-existent package 'sound_play' and rosdep claims that it is not a system dependency. Check the ROS_PACKAGE_PATH or try calling 'rosdep update'

CMake Error at /home/vishu/ros_catkin_ws/install_isolated/share/ros/core/rosbuild/public.cmake:129 (message):

Failed to invoke rospack to get compile flags for package 'phidgets'. Look
above for errors from rospack itself. Aborting. Please fix the broken
dependency!

Call Stack (most recent call first):
/home/vishu/ros_catkin_ws/install_isolated/share/ros/core/rosbuild/public.cmake:207 (rosbuild_invoke_rospack)
CMakeLists.txt:12 (rosbuild_init)

I have checked ros path and rest. i can compile other packages using catkin_make well. but when i am trying to compile phidgets using command rosmake --pre-clean phidgets i am getting this error

kindly check this and provide me solutions.
vishu
Fresh meat

compiling phidgets-ros-pkg

Post by vishu »

Hi. i wanna make a robot using phidgets controller which has to work based on ros. I am trying to compile phidgets-ros-pkg by following instructions in this page
http://wiki.ros.org/phidgets and my system specifications are ubuntu 14.04 , ros indigo,

I am able to compile drivers well but having problem while compiling ros-pkg. This is the error

Failed to invoke /home/vishu/ros_catkin_ws/install_isolated/bin/rospack deps-manifests phidgets
[rospack] Error: package 'phidgets' depends on non-existent package 'sound_play' and rosdep claims that it is not a system dependency. Check the ROS_PACKAGE_PATH or try calling 'rosdep update'

CMake Error at /home/vishu/ros_catkin_ws/install_isolated/share/ros/core/rosbuild/public.cmake:129 (message):

Failed to invoke rospack to get compile flags for package 'phidgets'. Look
above for errors from rospack itself. Aborting. Please fix the broken
dependency!

Call Stack (most recent call first):
/home/vishu/ros_catkin_ws/install_isolated/share/ros/core/rosbuild/public.cmake:207 (rosbuild_invoke_rospack)
CMakeLists.txt:12 (rosbuild_init)
I have checked ros path and rest. i can compile other packages using catkin_make well. but when i am trying to compile phidgets using command rosmake --pre-clean phidgets i am getting this error

kindly check this and provide me solutions.
mparadis
Site Admin

Re: trouble in comiling phidget-ros-pkg

Post by mparadis »

The error message makes it seem like it's the Phidget library that's failing to compile, but sound_play is an ROS package which Phidget libraries do not depend on, so I think there's something wrong with how the project is set up. I would contact the folks who wrote the guide on ROS.org to see if they know what's wrong.