Weighing Gas Bottle

Any hardware type questions or problems for all other Phidget devices.
sheppy
Phidgetsian

Weighing Gas Bottle

Post by sheppy »

I have PH and ORP sensors connected via a VINT Hub and USB to my Debian equipped home automation system and I would like to add weighing my gas bottle to the system. The bottle is currently suspended with a chain from a wall bracket, and I am thinking of adding an CZL301C Load Cell in stretch mode together with a DAQ1500_0 alongside the chain, and connecting it into my existing VINT. I'll keep the existing chain loosely in place for safety in case anything breaks. I'll also add to my existing PH and ORP python script a query of the load cell periodically to get the weight.
Can anyone advise on cable lengths I can use with this setup? Is there anything else I'm likely to need apart from mounting hooks for either end of the Load Cell?
My intention is to get an early indication of when the gas is running out so I'll include a tare function at the home automation end.
Jaeger109G6

Re: Weighing Gas Bottle

Post by Jaeger109G6 »

This is actually a smart idea, I'm working on a home automation system as well and never thought about something like that... Mind if I get "inspired" by your project?