Bluetooth glove w/ bend sensors

Lillette
Fresh meat

Bluetooth glove w/ bend sensors

Post by Lillette »

Hi,
I own a 8/8/8 phidgets interface kit pn 1018.
I have built a glove with bend sensors for each finger, connecting it to MaxMSP to play music. It works very well.

Now, I would like to have a wireless connection from the glove to my computer. Any ideas how to do that best?

Does anyone have experience in connecting an HC-05 to Phidgets (or any similar bluetooth modules that usually work with Arduino)?

Thanks a lot,
Lillette
mparadis
Site Admin

Re: Bluetooth glove w/ bend sensors

Post by mparadis »

Unfortunately, Phidgets isn't set up to do wearables that well, since our whole design is focused around easy-to-set-up connections via USB. Currently the only way to do wireless with Phidgets is to use a PhidgetSBC or Raspberry Pi with battery power and a WiFi adapter, which is extremely bulky and overkill as far as processing requirements are concerned.
Lillette
Fresh meat

Post by Lillette »

Thanks mparadis! I might try to find another solution then.

Another question: Has anyone ever used Phidgets with Velostat conductive fibre? How did you connect it to Phidgets?

Thanks again!
mparadis
Site Admin

Post by mparadis »

I've never seen anyone use that specific fabric with Phidgets, but you should be able to connect it the same way you would connect it to arduino, whether you use Voltage Inputs or Digital Inputs.