Wireless

AlexGP
Phidgetsian

Wireless

Postby AlexGP » Wed Oct 16, 2013 11:23 am

I need to control servos, dc motors and sensors using a controller but I want to communicate to that controller via wireless using my PC, But I don't want to use the network and a SBC, I just want a direct communication with my device such as using a wireless serbo controller, is there anyway I can do that with the available devices ?
If the answer is no and then i would have to use the network, LAN, is the SBC the only device available that I can use with wireless in the network ? What devices could I use for this ?
Thanks a lot !

mparadis
Site Admin

Re: Wireless

Postby mparadis » Wed Oct 16, 2013 12:26 pm

Using the PhidgetSBC or some other portable computer with a proper USB host is the only way to use Phidgets wirelessly.

AlexGP
Phidgetsian

Postby AlexGP » Wed Oct 16, 2013 1:35 pm

If i then want to connect a serbo controller and a dc motor controller to the SBC I can use the USB Ports right ?
How about the power supply, How can i assemble a SBC with serbo controller, DC Controller and a single power supply Input ? Can I port the power supply to attached devices with a cable ?

mparadis
Site Admin

Postby mparadis » Wed Oct 16, 2013 2:10 pm

Yes, you can plug the servo motor controller and the DC motor controller into the ports on the SBC's USB hub.

If you want to power all three devices from one power supply, you'll need to splice and solder the wires, of course. You should also be mindful of potential issues when sharing grounds. Also make sure that your power supply (the wall adapter or battery) can output enough current to serve all three devices.

Return to “Robotics”