Install Phidgets22 Error

Supporting 10.7 and up
Haggis2018
Fresh meat

Install Phidgets22 Error

Post by Haggis2018 »

I am trying to install Phidgets22 onto a Mac mini running 10.6.7. I have downloaded the installer for older OS. When I double click the Phidgets.PKG I get the following error.

This operation couldn't be completed
(Com.apple.installer.pagecontroller error -1)
Couldn't open Phidgets.PKG
Patrick
Lead Developer

Re: Install Phidgets22 Error

Post by Patrick »

Can you try installing the previous version and let me know if it's working: https://www.phidgets.com/downloads/phid ... 190107.dmg

-Patrick
Patrick
Lead Developer

Post by Patrick »

This is fixed for the next release.

-Patrick
mgmikeyg
Fresh meat

Post by mgmikeyg »

Hi,
Im trying to install v22 onto my MacBook but I am now being told that the libraries may need to be reinstalled?? I'm trying to connect to Artisan which is showing the following: Exception Phidget1048tempnontype object has no attribute 'getfirstmatchingPhidget@line39480' I've been having difficulty installing v22 anyway and was hoping the link above would resolve my difficulties only to be confronted with the current libraries issue!! Any ideas?
Thanks Mike
plbaojiemnez
Fresh meat

Post by plbaojiemnez »

mgmikeyg wrote:Hi,
Im trying to install v22 onto my MacBook but I am now being told that the libraries may need to be reinstalled?? I'm trying to connect to Artisan which is showing the following: Exception Phidget1048tempnontype object has no attribute 'getfirstmatchingPhidget@line39480' I've been having difficulty installing v22 anyway and was hoping the link above would resolve my difficulties only to be confronted with the current libraries issue!! Any ideas?
Thanks Mike
Im having the same issue when I open the Phidgets control panel.

Phidgets Driver Failure

"Kext load failed (Code: 4). You may need to reinstall the Phidgets libraries. If you still have issues, contact Phidgets."

Please help,

Pablo.
Kit
Fresh meat

Post by Kit »

Hi,

I'm having exactly the same issue, no matter what I try.

I think it may be an issue with the .kext file.

Please, any ideas?

Thanks
Kit
Micah
Fresh meat

Post by Micah »

Anyone have a clear solution on this? I just downloaded and installed the latest version but get the same “failure to load kext error 4” listed above.

I also noted that the read me file still had the incorrect kext file location.

Looking forward to any guidance to resolve this.
Skyecoffee
Fresh meat

Post by Skyecoffee »

Hi, Having issues too following update of mac to Catalina 10.15.7....using the phidgets for Artisan.

Error as below...

'Kext load failed (Code: 4). You may need to reinstall the Phidgets libraries. If you still have issues, contact Phidgets.'

Is there a way through this please?

thanks in advance..
ks coffee
Fresh meat

Post by ks coffee »

I am getting the same error as well. Install appeared to go OK, but when I opened the Phidget Control Panel, the error appeared. I can see the device appear on the PCP when it is plugged in.

Using a 1048 4 TC unit, when I click on a thermocouple to check its status, the error event log says "local device open failed because device is in use", though there is nothing else using the device.

Thank you,
mparadis
Site Admin

Post by mparadis »

A fix has just been posted. You can download the newest version of our installer here: https://www.phidgets.com/docs/OS_-_macO ... _Downloads